Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Friday, December 25, 2009

And So This is Christmas

Christmas.

I feel like I don't have anything profound or touching or spiritual to say for this day. I've been home from school for a week but it only feels like a day or two because I have been working so much. I worked for nine hours yesterday and am looking forward to another six today...people just love to go to movies on Christmas, I guess.

This has been a huge learning and growing year for me. I keep wondering when this is going to be easy, when I'm going to get a hang on life. Seems like it was much more simple when I was an emotional and disturbed teenager. Now nothing is as it seems, and I have to rethink every strategy I have because they all fail somehow.

While I don't particularly enjoy growing up, I can recognize ways that it's a good thing. I have learned to appreciate a lot of things in my life, particularly the Gospel.

I can tell you right now, I would be in the most wretched and squalid place if it weren't for the Gospel. I'm not much better than that, but at least I know how to use the Atonement in my life. That is the most important thing. Without it I am, we all are, nothing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment