The third weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the one I'd been looking forward to for months. Because you all should know, HARRY POTTER CAME OUT!!!!
My supervisor at work really doesn't care for anything that isn't reality, but he's a pretty cool guy anyway, and he'd been teasing me all week about Harry Potter. He asked me to wear my costume to work on Friday and called me "Gryffindor" all day. I didn't have the heart to tell him I'm a Hufflepuff (how Hufflepuffish of me. :) ).
If any of you know my sister, you know that we had a kick awesome party before the midnight showing. For very complete details about what we did, read this. But I'll sum up with: we hunted for each horcrux, ending in a slaying of Nagini; we had a Honeydukes corner, lots of good Hog's Head food, and there was a prize drawing in which I won the grand prize: a Harry Potter lego set! But I traded it with a little boy who'd won a movie poster. I collect movie posters anyway, plus I'm pretty sure he'd get more use out of the Legos than I would (some of my sisters are still bitter).
Then we headed over to the theater, my sisters and I dressed up as the Holyhead Harpies in quidditch robes Camilla made. There were so many fantastic costumes!! I will share my favorites:
Let me say this about Harry Potter: real literature, and I'm talking literature, not books, inspires something deep within you, not just you, but in everyone who will allow it. This is not because it whacks you over the head, but because it harnesses the essence of humanity within its characters and situations. Harry Potter may be fantasy, and it may be modern, and it may be easy to read, but that does not make it mediocre. Trust me when I say there is enough intelligence left in humanity that mediocrity will still never sell as well as brilliance (although certain book series that shall not be named are cutting it way too close). Harry Potter is true literature that will stand the test of time to inspire, uplift, and challenge readers for decades to come. It is the stuff of dreams, even the stuff of myths. Thank you, J.K. Rowling. Thank you for sharing your genius.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment