Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Monday, July 25, 2011

July: Month of Action! 1st Weekend

For some reason, July has been incredibly busy. I seriously think it's been weeks since I got a full night's rest. I had made all these goals about finally being good at this blogging thing and keeping it up, but July kinda swept away in a frenzy of adventure! So I will try to quickly recap.

The first weekend of July, I took Kristan up to Rexburg to introduce her to the concept of BYU-Idaho. We got there on Friday night, too late to go to the play we planned on seeing because there was an insane traffic jam between Idaho Falls and Rigby (it took us an hour to go 3 miles). So instead we rounded up some of my friends, former roommate Laura Denton, former FHE brother Keith Rose, and favorite literature friend Remington Jarvie and went up to the sand dunes. We rustled up some random wood and bark and Laura, the wilderness survivor, made a fire. Laura and I analyzed everyone else's personalities, and it was quite delightful.


Saturday morning, we went with former FHE brother Travis Moffat and Remington to hike R mountain, a large hill with an R painted on the side. It was lovely fun, and Remington had a jolly old time throwing rocks down the side of the mountain.

After that I met up with former Jacob Lakers, Laurel and Alison Greathouse and Brianna Malone, along with Travis, and we went to Rexburg's new waterpark, Rexburg Rapids. Don't ask me why Rexburg has a water park. It's a good idea for 3 months of the year... (I didn't get pictures :( ).

Then we went to dinner with Travis and his roommate Cory, as well as some other friends, Daina Nielson and Maryna Polonska. After that we met back up with Remington, and we decided to do the most reckless and dangerous thing I've ever done in Rexburg! Let's just say I'm glad I'm not a student anymore, otherwise getting caught would've been a lot more terrifying. :)

On Sunday, we went to church with Laura and then to dinner at Remington's; he made us egg rolls. :) That night I met up with more former roommates/friends, Bethany Hirsh, "Dello" DelloStritto, Mike Wilson, and Michael McCormick and we played games.



The next morning was the 4th of July, and we went to the Rexburg parade with Laura and Remington, and Brianna met up with us. My favorite part of it was the little Phillipina woman who joined us, Early. She was so awesome. Also, I got a picture with Darth Vader. :)

After that, Kristan and I headed back to Utah to have fireworks in Morgan with our family and Aunt Sandi. Which is always lovely. I really like the fireworks in Morgan, because from Sandi's house you can see a lot of different people setting off their personal fireworks in every direction. So you get a pretty sweet show. I'm not the hugest firework fan, but this year was pretty spectacular.

So it's become clear to me that it's impossible to make this short. So there's my first weekend of July. I will break up the rest of July by weekends and continue this blog post in a moment. :)

1 comments:

Susie Chadwick said...

You're not going to tell us about your reckless adventure?

Post a Comment