Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What Star Trek Did to Me

I went to see the new Star Trek movie the other day. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

First of all, AWESOME music. Totally screenwiriting-inspiring.

Secondly, Spock. I mean, the rest of the movie was great, but I was hooked on Spock. Every second he wasn't on screen I was praying he'd come on screen.
Spock? Really?

Things have been pretty nostalgic for me since I've come to live in Murray again for the first time in a really, really long time. Everything here is different. Last time I was here, I had tons of friends. No longer so. When I got home from Germany, some things just couldn't go back to how they were. Too much moving on, which I'm totally fine with, it's still just a little weird though.

So in thinking about Spock, I realized what it was. See, in all the fiction I've ever read, or seen, I have been automatically strongly attracted to the strong and silent character, whether he was the main character or even the good guy.

There is something irresistable about a man who is collected and in control of his thoughts and feelings, especially if his thoughts are intelligent AND logical like Spock's are. But when inside all this control lies a raging fire...tie me down.

I just don't think I attract those kind of men. I've realized for quite some time now I attract more of the Captain Kirk type. Which is fun, but not real. I've been trying to change that, but so far it hasn't worked. In all my nostalgia I realized there was once a Spock-esque man who wanted to date me.I was young and stupid and wanted to hold out for more, test him harder. I lost. And later I lost him again.

But that is ok. I am really happy with where I'm at. There is more than one Spock in the world (I hope. Or maybe there is a better Spock than the last one...).

Thus begins my search for Spock.

1 comments:

jill said...

if there was a like button, I would click like.

Post a Comment