Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm not kidding when I say Weddings are my Favorite!

One of my best friends of all time got engaged on Saturday night. They had already planned most of their wedding, but she finally got the ring. They are getting married on June 30th.
I also have one friend from high school getting married in May.
As well as two of the former missionaries from Germany, one getting married on April 25th, and the other on June 12th.
One of my FHE brothers is getting married on August 8th also.
And two of the members of my bowling team are getting married (to each other) on April 18th.
The girlfriend of another one of my FHE brothers (Cory) stayed with us this past weekend, and one of my roommates is dating an incredible guy in our ward.
One of the other former missionaries was telling me last night about his progression with this girl, which has been a slow and careful process, but is finally paying off.

I am just filled to the brim with joy seeing these successful, happy relationships bloom and grow. I really am so excited for all of these people in my life and their progression into eternal happiness (and hard work).

I love everything about weddings. I love the planning process, I love the details, I love the individual aspect of each wedding that fits so well with the particular couple.
Mostly I love seeing how people are willing to take that risk, and that they are willing to take a chance on eternal commitment - the kind that fights through the struggles and wins.

Every time I see one of my friends take this step I am filled with an overwhelming sense of awesomeness. Marriage is HUGE! Much too huge for me. But I am thrilled to feel the love that my friends are experiencing, and watch them tackle this gargantuan responsibility. I really admire people who want to take this step.

"You are the brightest star." -Between the Trees "White Lines and Red Lights"

1 comments:

Redoubt said...

I hate weddings AND I hate married people.

You should plan my wedding because I'm considering eloping just to avoid it all.

Post a Comment